CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moving to Toronto has made me enjoy BRUNCH.

This morning's festivities continued on by Graham taking me out for brunch to one of my favourite spots...The Drake Hotel.  We had looked at having our wedding/reception here, until Toronto just cost way too much no matter how we worked it out.  The day we went to check it out as a venue, we decided to try the food to make sure we wanted to have our reception there in the first place.

As soon as I looked at the menu, I saw an item that brought me back to living in Oklahoma and visiting the South.  An Arnold Palmer (half iced tea, half fresh squeezed lemonade) and fried chicken and waffles.  Apart from white gravy and BBQ, there is nothing more southern to me than FRIED CHICKEN AND WAFFLES!

So, off we went to the Drake.  It's so eclectic there and we love that.  We feel totally out of place clothing wise, but food wise, we love it as much as the regulars.

Queen W.  I love Queen West.  It has some of the most unique clothing shops, restaurants and poutinneries.  Yup, entire restaurants dedicated to poutine and all it's glory.


The decor there is so quirky, artsy and unique and it really makes you feel relaxed and ready to have fun.



We sat in the cafe section, and without realizing what time it was, tried to order breakfast cocktails, which they looked at us like we were crazy, as liquor isn't allowed to be served until 11am, and we happened to be eating at 10 :)  Oops. :)


Homemade blueberry scones.  They are so light and fluffy and buttery, and not at all sweet.  The powdered sugar on top would make you think so, but nope!  They were served today with a pear marmalade (delicious) and a vanilla bean clotted cream.  Decadent and heavenly, and good to the very last bite (eventhough we knew we have a huge meal to come).


The FRIED CHICKEN AND WAFFLES...Oh man.  I LOVE them.  They are served on an herb waffle with a dark cherry preserve and creme fraiche.  The perfect mix of sweet and savory.  Graham got the HUGE breakfast burrito, but I was so entranced by my incredible waffle, I didn't care about what he was eating.  YUMMY!  I don't know how I ever lived life not enjoying food as much as I do now.  Good food.  Whether comfort food, or fancy food, I COULD sit at a restaurant in my glory for hours.  Forget shopping, or travelling sometimes, I just want to eat good food.  And the Drake does just that!

YUM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment