CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year...a new everything!

Happy New Year everyone!  What a year it has been!  This time last year, I was starting this blogging challenge...

BLOG365.  365 posts.  365 days.  Post one photo (or more) a day every day for a year.  I didn't know if I'd finish it, or enjoy it everyday, but I wanted to see how far I could get.  While I realized this week, that I still have a week of honeymoon blogging that I never finished, I completed this challenge!  371 blog posts in total.  That will make for 378 blog posts, when I catch back up. 

I toyed around over the last few weeks, with what I would do with this blog.  I had conversations with Graham about continuing to blog, but maybe posting once per week...or stopping blogging all together...or doing something different.

I have enjoyed the comments that I have received, the encouragement to blog when I felt uninspired, the feedback on other bloggers posts and just the outlet to write what I want to, when I want to, how I want to.  While this blog started out as more of a "photo a day" blog, it's turned into a photo journal of sorts.

It's been one heck of a year!  We moved from downtown Toronto to Pickering, we got married, we went on an amazing honeymoon, we found out we were expecting our first baby, I got a new job and so many other things in between!  Some of our favourite memories were the places that we've travelled to D.C, Hawaii, Thailand, Hong Kong, England and some smaller trips in between!  We have seen a lot of the world last year, knowing that if God blessed us with starting a family, this year, would be a year of little travel. 

We can't wait to see what this year has in store for us, for our family, for our friends and for everyone around us!

My final decision was that I would miss writing too much to just stop.  I'm not a fan of journalling on paper, as my hands always get sore and I just get bored of it...so I decided that I would start a new blog, with a new "outlet".  While I enjoyed a challenge, I don't want to have to blog with a mission that "ties me down" to specific times/schedules.

I'd like to thank everyone who has read, contributed to, been a part of, allowed me to blog about, or commented on any entries during this time!  I hope that you have enjoyed reading and being apart of this year long challenge!

If you'd like to follow OUR next blog, feel free to click on the link below, sign up for email notifications or "follow" the blog in the sidebar.  I will not be linking it to facebook all the time, so those are your best ways to read what's up in the Clarke household from now on!

Dear Baby...

1 comments:

Unknown

Glad you're not stopping blogging altogether! It is a great way to get some writing/journalling done as well as keep in touch with people. I publish my blog every few years and it becomes a scrapbook of sorts :)

Post a Comment