CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Getting Ready for the big day!

Men have it easy.  They can get ready in 20 mins (shower included here and a shave), even for a big event.  Realistically, some men take MUCH longer than that (GRAHAM!), as they can't decide what to wear, just as much as women some days!  Some get a hair cut before a big event, and some might just let their hair grow to style it.  Easy.

Yesterday, it REALLY hit me again that we are getting married SOON.  I have had these moments 3 times in the past few days, starting with when we picked Tom up from the airport.  We have been so concentrated on the move, unpacking and setting things up for guests, that when people ask us if we're ready for the wedding, we kind of look at them like THEY'RE crazy!  I had the moment again when I was packing up the car full of wedding stuff to give to Mom yesterday, and then again sitting with the hairdresser deciding how to lowlight, dye and cut my hair to prep for Friday!

It was GREAT to have some time to myself in the morning.  To read a People magazine and think about other people's speculated problems.  To ask for and without hesitation get a 10 minute head massage while the hair dresser was washing my hair (Yes, she got an incredible tip for being so flexible!).  To have people ask me questions about when I was getting married (6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and what my dress was like, and where the wedding was, and all those fun things!  The things that make you feel like it's all fresh and new again!  The things that those around you asked MONTHS ago.  It was exciting, and exactly what I needed to set me in the, "I'm getting married" mood!!!!!!

So thanks, Theresa for doing my hair as fantastic as usual, but with a few subtle changes!  I love it so much and it makes me feel so happy that it was such a fun and relaxing process!

0 comments:

Post a Comment