CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Savour the Season

Tonight, we had dinner with Mom and Dad.  We try to make it at least a monthy occurance to get together, but it doesn't always happen that way.  We either go there, they come here, or we go out for dinner somewhere.  This weekend, they were sleeping over, as we have Graham's work golf tournament, so we went out for dinner and then played cards.  Love playing games!

We decided to go to the Port.  It's kind of our "go to" place, as Pickering doesn't have too many "nicer" restaurants.  Not fancy, but just good, local food, food that's not chain restaurant food.  We arrived, not knowing that there was a Savour the Season menu.  A 3 course prix fix menu, all made with ingredients that are from the Durham region.

We all had great food, but were WAY too busy eating, to stop to take a picture!  I had a deconstructed cassoulet, which was incredible (duck, homemade sausages and pork belly- not my fave, but I tried it!).  Everyone really enjoyed their meals and we tried to pass bites around of what we were having.  My favourite way to eat.  Graham and I tend to order similar items at restaurants, unless it's a special event, so that we can taste as many dishes as possible.

I love when restaurants use local farms/butchers for their food.  It makes me feel like I am not paying for food that only benefits the restaurant, but benefits small businesses as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment