CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Arlington Cemetary froZENyo!!!!!!

This morning I met up with an old friend from University, Heidi!  Hey, Heidi!!!!  It was so nice to see her and catch up!  It was also nice to see the sights with someone who could tell me a little bit about what we were seeing/what was around us, as well as have some great company!

I can't explain too much about the history or the sights, but I'll try to fill you in on what the photos are of!  It was VERY beautiful, serene and moving. 



The gorgeous entrance to the cemetary.


Some of the 1,000's of gravestones of the service men and women throughout the years.


A view of the Arlington House from the Kennedy's graves.


JFK and Jackie's grave's.  It was strange standing here.  I also didn't know that they had a daughter and son together.  Both children, according to their gravestones, did not live longer than 1 day or 2 days, respectively.  Really sad.


A unique view towards the Arlington House.


The Jasmine vines growing in the archways of the garden.


a hazy view of the city and the monuments!


The front of the Arlington House.


The Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.


The Tomb itself.


The "Changing of the Guard" ceremony.  Silent, still and beautiful.



I am so thankful for those that serve any country.  I could not imagine having Graham go off to war, and pray for all of the wives/husbands/children/parents who are serving overseas!


The Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers is so beautiful and peaceful.



Gorgeous isn't it?!?!?!?!?


on the way to Iwo Jima, it was SO HOT, I could have just sat in this reflection pool!


The Netherlands memorial or the bells...or whichever you'd like to call it :)


Iwo Jima!

Thanks again Heidi for such a great morning!  I then went on to have lunch with Graham and try to go find a Target, Marshall's and something to help cool me down.  I found GREAT success in a place called froZENyo!  Jesse had recommended it earlier in the week, and I just kind of let it pass, as I am an ICECREAM kind of girl...remember THIS post?!?!!?!?!?!

Well, I decided to go in and check it out, as the concept really appeals to me.  It's a weigh your own frozen yogurt place, where you can choose from 16 flavours and over 30 toppings!  I love the concept of WEIGH YOUR OWN, as I LOVE LOVE LOVE portion control and getting to have a little bit of something yummy, without over doing it!  I decided to have a smorgasboard of flavour combos for my first try, see what I liked and if I happened to pass by one later on in the week, then I might go for a favourite, if one came about!!!

YUM!!!!!!


Inside!  Oh man, it's such simple concept that I wish would come here!  That and they have 29 cent water!  Who can beat that?!!?


It's .39 cents per oz, and I would usually get between $1.50-$2.50 worth of my favourite flavour.  I would see some people have HUGE cups of it, coming to almost $10, and I felt so sad that portion control is not taught around the globe very well.


My favourite location at F street and 12th on my way to/from museums that I spent time at on sunny days!  It was so hot out this week, and it was a half way point between the museums and our hotel!  It was DANGEROUS!  I might have had a small amount of "fro-yo", as it's called here, 3 or 4 times...


My selection on my virgin visit!  It looks like a lot, but it only cost me $2.48!!!!!!  I got the RED VELVET CAKE, The PISTACHIO, The cheesecake with graham crumbs, and The PEANUT BUTTER with peanut butter cup crumbs and a peanut sauce drizzle!  OH MY!!!!  The peanut butter was by far my most favourite, and I was SO excited to try just that flavour alone another day!

I finished off the evening with a $15 ticket to see Old Times, at the Shakespeare Theatre.  They do $15 for those under 35, and as Graham had his Purdue dinner that night, and I NEEDED to get off my feet, I decided to give it a go!  It was fantastic, and I was laughing constantly.  The show takes a turn at the end, leaving you thinking...which I usually don't like, however this time, it was a perfect ending.  Well done, Harold Pinter.  Well done.


Another PERFECT D.C day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment