CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Home sweet bed!

It's always great when you get to spent a few days in a hotel, having a mini vacation, or away on business etc.  Usually you have these GREAT sheets, pillows, duvets and bed. 

We stayed at the Queen's Landing while Graham was on a business conference.  We do Niagara-on-the-lake every year for this conference, last year, being at the Prince of Wales hotel.  I'm not usually a person who cares about whether we stay at a hostel, a hotel or a campground, so the room/bathroom etc, doesn't matter to me.

As a person who doesn't sleep well, I DO love a good bed.  We have a King bed at home, as Graham is a tosser and turner, and loves to hog the bed.  We have great sheets that we got as a gift from the wedding, so some days, it's hard to get out of bed- just because it's so comfy!

One BIG negative about the Queen's Landing was that we checked into the hotel, having booked a King Bed, but they didn't have any left.  They first put us in a room with 2 double beds, so we switched to a Queen.  It was nothing fancy, and there was a WAY TOO SOFT pillow top mattress pad, but we figured we'd be fine, I mean it's a hotel bed right?

Well, my side of the bed was on a slant at the head of the bed, almost like it was collapsing!  In the middle of the night, I was less happy when I tried to turn over, because I was so uncomfortable, and I hit both my head and funny bone on the side table because it was RIGHT at my head!  Oh dear! 

Good thing Graham's work paid for the hotel, but the lack of care when we notified the front desk, was shocking for the price of the rooms there!  Needless to say, when we got home last night, we were both exhausted and I was THRILLED to climb into bed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment