CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I LOVE the county!!!

Don't mistake this as the country, but in fact the "county".  Prince Edward County that is!  It's somewhere that is always near and dear to my heart, as a good chunk of my family lives there.  My Oma and Opa settled there when they came from Holland, and it will always have a special place in my heart. 

It has brought many laughs from Christmases, Anniversaries for Oma and Opa and many stories of where Mom grew up, how she grew up and what our childhood was like when we went there.  It was a slower pace of life (than Hamilton, where I was raised for 14 years) and it oddly felt like a little piece of home, although we never lived there.  Is that strange?

Sadly, it's been almost a year since one of the best men anyone could have ever met/known, passed away...my Opa.  He was the most kind, genuine, hard working man, who loved everyone that came in contact with him (well, I'm sure not EVERYONE, but he always made it seem that way :).  He is missed and loved by so many people, and it's hard to imagine him not being here.

We got a chance to go to his gravesite yesterday, and it was nice to say a few private words to him, say a prayer and just be with family.  My Oma is one STRONG woman, a woman that I am thankful for everyday.

Today was a day of family, peace, laughs (THANKS JENNY!) and memories.

Oh...the COUNTY...how I love you!



0 comments:

Post a Comment