CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Delicious Brittle recipe!!!

While it's slightly too hot to be baking (the a/c is frigid downstairs, but not so much upstairs), I was in withdrawal, so I decided to make something to keep the fun up around here!

I am a BIG fan of barks, brittles, fudge...mmm fudge...maybe that will be next week's task!  I decided that I just NEEDED to make some brittle!  As it's half the price to make as ONE package usually bought at the store, with 4 times as much made in the end, I was excited to make myself a little afternoon snack.

So, off I went to make homemade almond brittle (I REALLY love cashew, but it's what I had in the house!).  I will post the recipe, as it's SO delicious and just needs to be shared!  It is REALLY addictive and easy to make, and it's something you can usually make without having to run to the store for any ingredients!  DANGEROUS!

Let me know if you try it and how you like it!


After you put the first 3 ingredients in the pan, you NEED to have the last ones ready!  Once the sugar/water mixture turns amber, you have to move QUICKLY!


Sugar, water and corn syrup mixing away!


The finished product cooling!  It doesn't look like much, but it makes over a POUND!  This is on a HUGE cookie sheet!

Here's the recipe:

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 and 1/2 cups ANY nuts

Heat on medium boil and stir until amber in colour.  Add butter and stir.  Add baking soda and stir. VERY quickly add in nuts and stir. Pour onto a buttered/oiled aluminum foiled cookie sheet. Spread and let cool. Brake when cool. Makes about 1lb!
Enjoy and let me know how you like it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment