CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Harry Potter Cupcakes!!!

I got a bit of a frantic email/call this week from one of Graham's co-workers.  She emailed me yesterday morning, saying that her son, who works at Chapters, offered to make cupcakes for the Harry Potter event at our local chapters, and just told her yesterday!  The problem was, that they were needed by 5pm today!  Her request was for 50 Harry Potter cupcakes with a snitch theme, and some with Harry Potter letters.  I knew that if I got going on making the chocolate/decorations yesterday, I could get it done today!  It would be such a fun project to get me in the spirit for the new movie release this weekend too!

So, off I went yesterday, back to Bulk barn to get some chocolate (the lady at the cash register, commented about how she sees me more than her husband lately!  Ha!), then figure out in my head/research what I wanted to do, in line with what their requests were (she sent me photos of what he ultimate dream would be...but said I could do anything close if I could).

Here's the decoration for Snitch's wings and the letters!  It sure was fun to do!



Then this morning, I woke up EARLY (5am!!!), as I had another order to fill and wanted to get started on the cupcakes for these!  As I only have 1 muffin tray (WHY?!?!?!?!?), and 5 muffin pans bake off, cool and then make buttercream and pipe...I wanted enough time just in case for everything to be done for drop off this afternoon.  Luckily, everything, but 6 cupcakes, turned out perfectly!!! (I don't know why 6 of them didn't, as the other 6 on the tray were perfect!).

I feel very excited about these and the fact that 50 lucky customers at Chapters will be eating these tonight!  I can't wait for my next project!  I am hoping to tackle playing around with my vanilla cupcake recipe to make FRESH strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream, and/or a cotton candy cupcake!






0 comments:

Post a Comment