CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's slow cooker time!

I have always been a fan of the slow cooker...Graham not so much.  I don't know if it's because his Mum was at home and did any cooking (she's an amazing cook), or because it's not typically "British", but he is now converted (although yet to cook anything himself in it).

I love when winter/cold starts to come in, as it means that we can have healthy/hearty meals at the touch of a chop, dice, sprinkle, measure and button.  Most slow cooker meals that I tend to do, either have less than 10 minute prep time, or might take up to 15, if the meat needs a sear.  It usually means leftovers as well, which is great in this house, as I make Graham's lunches for work and he's up by 6am!  I am not as much a fan of summertime meal prep for Graham's lunches, as it usually means getting up at the crack of dawn to figure out what to send with him.

Last night's Moroccan chicken was a SUCCESS!  It is one of his ALL-TIME favourite meals, usually served with mashed potatoes (YUMMY!) and he LOVES when there are leftovers!

Tonight's meal is already in the slow cooker and got there in less than 5 minutes! 

Graham is a HUGE fan of split pea soup, or pea soup with ham (I need to find somewhere that sells a ham hock to make it more authentic), I have only ever had Dutch pea soup- "snert" and AM NOT A FAN OF IT WHATSOEVER!  I don't know if it was a texture thing, or the fact that I DETEST peas, but I am willing to try split pea soup, if it makes my hubby happy!

Thanks to melskitchencafe for another easy recipe to try!  Her chicken corn chowder was a MASSIVE hit around here and I hope that she's converted me to split peas by the end of the night!


photo credit to: www.melskitchencafe.com

Hope that it's as delcious as she raves!

DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE EASY SLOW COOKER RECIPE TO SHARE????

0 comments:

Post a Comment