CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 21, 2011

News always taints things...

I was shopping today and saw this shirt in Bluenotes:


It's a new shirt that was designed by Simple Plan for a fundraiser for KIDS HELP PHONE. 

I didn't think much of it, when I saw it, other than it was nice to see them fundraising for another good cause (they designed a shirt for fundraising for Japan before).  However, when I sat down to have lunch and read the paper, there was an article about how great it was for them to design another shirt, but how they could have chosen a different "tag line".  They felt that the tag line could get too explicit, or be misconstrued with the "teen generation".

I found that quite sad, although possibly true, as things get taken "out of context" all the time, these days.  Maybe, maybe, they could have chosen different words, but it's sad that they overall message is being twisted.

Needless to say, fundraising for a good cause it always worth it and I love picking one charity to help at Christmas time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment