CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 29, 2011

I LOVE to cook!

Seriously, if the hours weren't so long, and the job such crappy pay, I would go back to school to train as a chef/pastry chef and then open a kick ass diner (old school southern style with a twist) or a bakery full of everything and anything I could come up with and customers could suggest.  Oh man!  Some days I literally have all night dreams about this.

I therefore, take every opportunity to cook for friends, family, Graham and I, or bring meals to people that need them for various reasons.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake and bring them to people who I know don't bake often and will really appreciate it!  That and I love to bake ALOT, but don't usually eat much of it, so it's a win-win situation.

Tonight I made dinner and after Graham had a bite of each part of it, and a sip of the sangria I made, he said that it was the best meal I have ever made him!  It is quite nice that he says that quite often, but he couldn't stop talking about it the whole time he ate, so I guess it was good!  Makes me feel so excited!!!

As the sun was shining through the house and we had a break in rain, I decided to pick a summer menu.  Enjoy these photos and explanations!  If you want a recipe, leave me a comment and let me know!


Parmesan panko pork with homemade french fries ("chips") and a dark cherry port chutney.


White wine and bourbon Sangria, with oranges, apples, berries and fresh mint.


Watermelon, feta and mint salad with a homemade lime vinaigrette.


The entire table spread!  Delicious!

3 comments:

Danielle

Lee-Ann...
It's been a long time since we've had contact, but i love reading your blog and your way of writing is really neat. I had to sympathize with you greatly on the whole Canadian Tire episode - what a stress and think i'm coming over for a fantastic dinner at your house someday - you're quite the talented cook!
Keep up the good work in writing!

Lee-Anne

Thanks Danielle! I LOVE reading your blog too! If only it was SUPER easy to take photos, blog and make enough money to creatively pay the bills?! :)

Aren't garages a nightmare sometimes? Man!

Thanks for the compliments! And keep on blogging too!

Lee-Anne

Oh and I've added you to my follow list! Didn't realize I hadn't!

Post a Comment