CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas in the County

Every other year we have "Christmas in the County"...Prince Edward County that is (Bloomfield, specifically).  It is one of my favourite times of the year, as it can sometimes be, if there aren't any weddings in the year, the only time we see some of my extended family!  It's crazy only seeing eachother once a year, we usually do more than that, as we seem to have had a wedding every year for the last 8-10 years...but it's a favourite time, none the less.  I was thankful to not have to work today, meaning that Graham and I could go together and spend some quality time with family. 

It's always a time to catch up, laugh, hear/tell stories and eat WAY.TOO.MUCH.FOOD.  I was pretty good, Graham taking in more baked goods than I could ever consume...but it was all delicious and as good as years past.  While we don't have a big dinner anymore (there are a LOT of us), we have buns, ham (it was SOOOOOOOOOO good) and "Oma soup" (a personal favourite!).  A nice addition this year, was a soup made by my cousin Selena (we think), which was a big hit according to Graham!

There were baked goods, snacks galore, veggies, meatballs, shrimp platters, candies, dips and much more...and since I can't eat a lot at once anymore, I loved the ability to snack when I felt a bit hungry or nauseous.  Veggies and fruit are a big hit for me lately, as well as cheese, so it was nice to have a good healthy mix, as well as sneak in some treats!

I love Christmas with our family!  I love getting to see cousins and second cousins, Aunts and Uncles and everyone growing up and changing.  So thankful!  While Opa was and will always be greatly missed, I always feel his love and warm hugs whenever we're all together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment