CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 11, 2011

CRAZY shoppers!

I have never worked in true retail over the Christmas season, let me tell you, it's insane!  I don't even Christmas shop during the retail season, as I hate how busy it gets and cranky everyone is!!!!!!!  It's a shock to me that people are "willing" to wait up to 30 mins or more in line, sometimes for one piddily item!!!!!!!  "Willing" being in quotations, because they are C.R.A.N.K.Y once they get up to cash!

Needless to say, I keep my smile on and positive attitude (you have to, or you'd go NUTS!) and the day seems to FLY BY!  Thank goodness!

Today we had a line up for ages, almost all day.  I've heard it gets so big, we have staff walking the line handing out candy and asking customers if they need anything else while they wait!  NUTS!  So people, if you need to do your shopping, do it NOW and do it either right in the morning when the stores open, or right before dinner time.  It's the quietest then.  And by quiet, I mean, less than 30 people in line!!!!!!

The blame game.  I get how horrible it is to wait, return or purchase, but we want to fix your problems...IF WE CAN.  No, it is not our fault that you tried your card 4 times and it's NOT APPROVED.  No we are not judging you.  Yes, you should call your bank.  No, it's not because I am "stupid, an a*# or F*&^#@G with the machine" (yes, I was accused of and called all of these things today, because their card wouldn't go through!).  Yes, I am sorry that your item had a chip, crack or is broken.  Yes, I'd be happy to return it.  Yes, you have to wait in line.  No, sorry, you can't return something that you already used.  No, not even because it's cheaper somewhere else.  No you can't just make up something wrong with it, now that you've told me this.  Sorry, I can't help.

Ahh...I try.  I really do.  Sometimes, you just can't help someone who doesn't want to work with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment