CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cheesecake

I used to LOVE cheesecake. I think the key here is USED TO...

Last night I had what I was hoping would be a glorious dessert. Strawberry, double chocolate and creme brûlée cheesecake. All mini sized, thank goodness, but I had high hopes none the less...

I guess it all started when I was a kid. I am not a big cake lover, but I loved cheesecake growing up. Mom used to always make me a cherry non bake cheesecake for my birthday (at my request), and I loved it to the last bite. I don't know what or why my taste for it has changed, but it has...

Last night i realized why...it's just never consistent. The strawberry one was so cream cheesy, with NO crust! Just cheese and fake strawberry sauce. The chocolate, which is never my fave anyway, was just too rich. The creme brûlée wasn't even edible, with the amount of caramel (or what you'd think might be caramel) on it and lack of flavor all together. Grr.

It made me long for the BEST cheesecake I've ever had...the first dessert Graham and in ever made together. It was the fall of '06 and it was the most divine dessert I have still tasted to this day! It was a fresh vanilla bean cheesecake with a rhubarb compote. It was H.E.A.V.E.N.

The first time we had it, we just about died from calorie overload, but it was amazing. The problem, it was reproducible. We realized by the second time that we made it, that we messed the recipe up so much the first time, that we'd never be able to have it the same way again. Isn't that annoying?

We are probably better off, but some days, I really miss it. I think more just for the memory of it!

So, I am giving up on cheesecake, that is...unless you have a killer recipe you just must share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment