CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My London Eye

Today, was our last day in London. Graham spent the entire day doing business, so I spent the day, being a tourist. I was determined to walk anywhere that I wanted to get and to make sure that I took lots of photos. Both of myself and tourist spots, but also as many artsy photos as I wished for. I wasn't really on a timeline (i had to meet Graham back at the hotel for 3pm), and I didn't have to worry about anyone else's agenda or wishes.

I got up early, had breakfast and headed out for the day at 8:30. I walked the 20 mins to start my day off at Buckingham Palace. I knew it would be an almost perfect time, as the amount of tourists there would be minimal and I could then walk through St. James's Park when it was close to empty. Both were fantastic.

After I walked around the park, I made my way to the Artillery grounds.

Onwards from there, was Picadilly Circus and Covent Garden.

I ended my afternoon/day around London with lunch at a delicious Latin restaurant along the Thames and some sightseeing at the London Eye, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey.

All in all, I walked over 10 miles and saw almost everything that we've missed in the last 3 days.

It's a strange thought knowing that we won't probably be back here again for awhile...

0 comments:

Post a Comment